Friday, October 19, 2007

Daily Deuce

I know it's almost cheap, but considering it's my damn blog, your first link today is Awful Announcing. When going through everything I thought to almost be link-worthy, I noticed today I had about 4 things from there in the running. So rather than choose, you get them all. Today on AA:

-FSN is renaming The Best Damn Sports Show Period to “The Best Darn Sports Show Period” in order to get Herm Edwards to come on the program. He apparently has a thing about profanity?
-The Yankees are mad at ESPN
-Someone up the food-chain is making the calls on it's latest experiment to fill the vacuum that has always been the afternoon drive, because the radio people there can't stand caller-driven radio. I can't imagine message-board-driven radio to be an idea taken seriously at their programming meetings.
-Plus, it seems like Dan Patrick is the new Steve Rushin.

EDIT: Check that, the new Rick Reilly, who per The Big Lead (link on left), has agreed to go to ESPN.


We'll stay along the same lines to direct you to a mail bag by Dr. Z from Sports Illustrated. He's been ranting about the lack of starting lineups on FOX broadcasts all week. He keeps it going today. I don't mind that, but his story about trying to swat the FOX BOX from the screen makes you laugh at all old people.

Honestly, I've heard complaints about a lot of things FOX does, but bitching about the score on the screen is rather lame. Here's the deal: If you want to watch coaches film, do it. I also bet the guy who bitches about the fantasy stats, wouldn't be bitching if they were showing who's covering and who ain't.

Complaining rather than offering solutions – especially when you've got the ability to get to FOX – leaves me with little simpathy for your cause. Hows about requesting that FOX just scroll the lineups? But then again, that's just logical. Old people don't understand logic.

No comments: